Monday, October 11, 2010

A Work In Progress, Part 4

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
Since my last post, the Bugatti  is taking shape VERY nicely. A little time has passed since my last blog, so I'm posting an image of the painting as I left you a couple weeks ago as well as an updated image (below). In this image, the background and foreground were fleshed out, creating a setting for the subject. The stage is set!

I've been an artist all my life, and I love every aspect of it. But all artists have their own special subjects, the ones that really jazz you to keep moving, to bring that particular subject to life on the canvas. You can tell by looking at my website, Marc Jones Studios, that I'm inspired by the beauty of the Rocky Mountains and its wildlife. But you've probably also noticed that I have a passion for sports cars...exotic sports cars. And NOW FOR THE FUN STUFF!

I love the challenge of a new shape and giving it a bit of myself. My goal at this stage is to integrate a literal reflection along the side of the Bugatti. Black is
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
probably the hardest 'color' to paint realistically. I've used large amounts of deep ultramarine blue to temper the black. This gives it a transparency which is great  for such a definite subject. As I work towards a realistic reflection of the subject's surroundings, my intention is to set the Bugatti apart and make it jump off the canvas.

Let me know what you think! Your thoughts as you note the progress, questions or comments. I love to hear feedback! Meanwhile, check out the rest of my art at Marc Jones Studios


No comments:

Post a Comment