Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Work in Progress, Part 5

Hard to believe it's been over two months since Bugatti's last update! Right now we're all overloaded with family obligations, holiday cheer and, of course, work. Since it's been a while since my last post, here's the Bugatti as we left her in October:

Fortunately, lack of updates on my blog do not mean lack of progress with my art:


In addition to the image above, I've added two others that span one day's progress. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to have the luxury of spending one whole (relatively) uninterrupted day with my art - obviously, one very productive day just being IN THE ZONE!



As a realist, details are the essence of my approach to my art. When someone first views my work, I want them to see what I see. When Bugatti is finished, I want you to look at it and see not only the fluid lines of this exotic automobile, but the details that make this car a classic.



In this series of images you can see that I've started to incorporate the bottom portion of the Bugatti detail. I'm creating the distinctive shape - subtle changes within the orange, more red, more yellow and a little white, with a contrast of blue and black for shading. Along the rear end of Bugatti you can see that I'm beginning to incorporate the reflection of the clouds, at the same time, defining the shape and color of the rear deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment